Holiday House Conwy - COVID 19 policy changes
After being shut for nearly 4 months we are very excited to be opening our doors to guests again. In order to re-open safely, we will need to make a few small changes. It is worth noting that as the current situation is ever changing these new policies and procedures are not set in stone and are subject to change as and when new legislation is imposed or new information becomes available. If you have already booked a holiday at Castle Reach I will be in touch with you if anything changes.
Whilst we are making these changes to the cleaning and turnover of Castle Reach to best prevent the possibility of spreading the virus, guests must also take responsibility for their own health and safety in this regard.
Cleaning and house preparation
Castle Reach is always professionally cleaned to a high standard. However, in addition to our usual clean, our cleaners will ensure all hard surfaces, including TV remote controls, light switches, door handles and kitchen appliances etc are disinfected with an anti-viral cleaner. All soft furnishings will be disinfected with an anti-virus mist spray.
Whilst it is important Castle Reach continues to be a comfortable holiday home with all the amenities you will need, we also need to ensure that we have done everything practical to protect our guests. In order to do both of these we have decided to make the following changes for all back to back bookings:
- Extra throws on the beds will be removed or rotated on each changeover.
- Castle Reach is well equipped with books, games, puzzles and videos. We have decided to keep these available for you to use should you wish to do so. As we will not be able to disinfect every page of every book, or each piece of every puzzle on every changeover, we ask you to please wash your hands before and after using them. I appreciate it is harder to ensure children wash their hands before and after they touch or play with anything so all children’s books, puzzles and games left in the play area in the attic will be rotated on each changeover. The virus only lives on surfaces for up to 72 hours so by rotating these each week you will not be using the same set as the previous guests.
- Plastic toys will be disinfected or rotated on each changeover.
- A selection of leaflets will be left in the trunk in the lounge. The information file will be left on the kitchen table. I will have two sets of these and they will be rotated on each changeover.
- Blankets in the lounge will be rotated on each changeover.
- As much cutlery and crockery as possible will go through the dishwasher on a hot wash. This will then be left there so that you will know that these items are completely safe to use. You may choose to re-wash other kitchen items before you use them if you feel it is safer to do so.
- I will not be providing tea, coffee, sugar, milk and other condiments such as salt and pepper for now.
- I have removed the cot and children's booster seat for now. Please let me know if you need these.
It will take our cleaners longer than usual to clean on each changeover day. We are therefore asking that guests do not check in until 5pm to give our cleaners enough time to finish the additional cleaning. Check out time will remain at 10 am. However, we ask that you please vacate the property at 10 am at the absolute latest as our cleaners will need to start work promptly and they will not be able to enter the property if you are still there.
All our duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, towels, bath mats and tea towels will be washed at 60 degrees and either dried on the line outside or in the tumble drier. This will kill any bacteria or germs. Our cleaner will then make the beds up for you before you arrive. If you would prefer to make your own beds you can choose to have the bag of laundry left for you. Alternatively, you might feel more comfortable bringing your own bedding. We will be able to offer a £30 discount if you choose this option. If this is what you would like to do, please let us know at least a week before the start of your holiday. There will be fresh mattress protectors on all the beds and these must remain on the beds, regardless of any bedding you bring yourselves. You’re welcome to put your own protectors over the top of ours if you prefer.
We will be asking our guests to strip the beds and bag up the bedding before they leave in order to protect our cleaner from any potential contact with the virus.
Payments and Refunds
Should the government announce another lock-down that affects your holiday date, you can transfer your holiday to another date of your choice (if your new dates are cheaper you will pay less and if your new dates are more expensive you will need to pay the difference). Alternatively, if you would prefer to cancel your holiday we will give you a full refund.
If you change your mind about coming on holiday for any reason our standard terms and conditions will apply. We will do our best to re-book your holiday dates. If we are able to do so, we will be able to refund your payment minus a small admin fee. Alternatively, providing you tell us of your change of plan a minimum of 8 weeks before your holiday, you can defer your holiday to later on in the year or until 2021.
Please do contact us if you have any concerns or questions about our new policies.